Monday, March 8, 2010

READ AND SHARE THE STORY OF EASTER

READ AND SHARE THE STORY OF EASTER STORY RETOLD BY GWEN ELLIS, ILLUSTRATED BY STEVE SMALLMAN. IS BEAUTIFULLY TELLING THE STORY OF JESUS TO CHILDREN. YOU GET AN UNDERSTANDING THAT HE WAS BOTH LOVED AND HATED. THAT MANY DID NOT HAVE TRUST IN HIM AND NEEDED HIM GONE. THAT HE WAS TELLING THE TRUTH OF HIS LIFE'S MISSION AND WILL BE RETURNING.
THE BEST PART OF THE STORY BOOK ARE THE ILLUSTRATIONS. THEY CAPTURE THE TALE WELL. THE IMAGES HELP PROJECT THE STORY. ANOTHER FEATURE ARE THE CONVERSATION TRIGGERS AT THE END OF EACH CHAPTER, MAKING IT EASY TO HAVE DISCUSSIONS. I WISH THIS BOOK WERE AVAILABLE WHEN I WAS A CHILD. I THINK IT WOULD HAVE HELPED INMY UNDERSTANDING AT THE TIME. ONE LAST BONUS IS THE DVD GIVEN TO ACCOMPANY THE TELLING OF THE SOTRY.I RECOMMEND THIS CHILDREN'S STORY BOOK TO ALL FAMILIES.

Disclosure of Material Connection: I received this book free from Thomas Nelson Publishers as part of their BookSneeze.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255 : “Guides Concerning the Use of Endorsements and Testimonials in Advertising.”

No comments: