Sunday, January 13, 2013

Waiting for Morning by Margaret Brownley is a wonderful story about Molly Hatfield and her younger brother Donny. Molly is solely responsible for her Donny and he needs more care than the average younger brother. All Molly wants is that everybody treat Donny as if he is just like them, not something entirely different. It is 1896 in Colorado where the story begins but the two overcome tragedy and start fresh in Arizona. Molly's thinking is that a new place should only bring good and new things. Fortunately for both of them it does just that in the end. The best new aspect is the fact that Molly and Donny met and fall for the handsome Doctor Caleb Fairbanks, who just happens to be single. He also is more that capable of seeing Donny for the little man he will one day be, not the crippled little boy most believe him to be. What I think was beautiful about the way these individuals came together is that they overcame their inner struggles and knew they were meant for eachother without losing each other in the process. Margaret Brownley makes me want to travel to this time frame each time I read a novel of hers. The style of her writting makes me yearn for a glimpse of the time frame. I received this book free from the publisher through the BookSneeze®.com book review bloggers program. I was not required to write a positive review. The opinions I have expressed are my own. I am disclosing this in accordance with the Federal Trade Commission’s 16 CFR, Part 255

No comments:

Post a Comment