Tuesday, November 19, 2013

The Painted Table by Suzanne Field is poignant and heart warming. Having never dealt with any life altering illnesses I found this novel to be such an insight into the epidemic that is now hitting many people and their families. Saffee is a woman with many memories she would rather white wash but unfortunately life has a way of forcing us to confront what we least want. So Saffee inherits the one object that she ties her life's story to and that begins the healing process she so desperatley avoided as best she could. I thoroughly enjoyed Saffee and her journey to a better place and better self. I am now going to keep an eye out for any other novels by Suzanne because so few writers grip you with the words and visual imagery she creates. I was transported and I loved it. I was given a review copy and these are my own opinions.

No comments:

Post a Comment