Wednesday, June 11, 2014

Roaring Twenties

All for a Sister by Allison Pittman is by far the most intriguing themed story I have read in a long time. I tend to stick to modern novels and I rarely read stories from earlier decades. Fortunatley, I gave Pittman's story a chance and I now am going to devour her other stories because there is so much more than just a story about people in the twenties. It is about the troubles her characters are dealing with and the ways that one decision can change noth only one life, but many lives and for so long. The in-depth, compassionate ways that these characters come to realize they are more than their decisions is why I have become a new fan of Allison Pittman. Everything about the stories, the situations, and the time make for a wonderful read. This is the story of two sisters, Celeste and Dana, and the advantages or harms of decisions made without their say during the 1920's which in my opinion make the story even more entertaining because it is the only way a reader can get to know this magical time in our history. This is a must read, I highly recommend this novel.

No comments:

Post a Comment