Tuesday, June 17, 2014

Shared Nightmares

Seagrass Pier (The Hope Beach Series) by Colleen Coble is a thriller. The best kind of novel to premier in this Summer season because warm days and cool night need stories that scare us to our core. Elin needed a transplant and fortunately she finds the perfect match it just comes with all the former memories of the donor and that is when Elin's life takes a turn for the worse. This story is the exact scenario that has always plagued me, "How much of the donor do we really receive? Memories or just the working organ?". I have always thought that organs do retain some of their former hosts traits and this story is proof that I am not the only one that believes this can happen. As for Elin, life can only get more out of control when the donor's murderer comes after her when it comes out that she is seeing what occurred. She is now the next victim and that can never be good for anyone in any condition this was such a nail bitter that I only regret putting this book down to sleep and eat. I did not like losing my momentum in the story it was that much of a gripper. Sometimes when I am so caught up in a story like this one I wish I had an assistant to do all the work for me while I devour the story that I am enjoying. I was given a review copy and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment