Tuesday, August 5, 2014

She saved a kingdom

Storm Siren by Mary Weber is amazing. I have never thought of myself as a reader of sci-fi novels but this one is so much more than just a science fiction story. I fell in love with the kingdom Faelen and all of its people which was why I was so saddened to know that they are suffering through a war and we all know war-torn countries are never themselves and the villagers lose so much more than just their once beautiful countryside but a sense of themselves and the former pleasantries of their former life. Nym is not aware that the power she has can and will save not only Faelen but her as well and the journey is so beautifully painted that I empathized with Nym's struggles and the pain of Faelen. I will now be the happiest reader of Weber and will be waiting for the next novel to hit the shelf. I was given a review copy from Booklookbloggers and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment