Monday, September 8, 2014

Dreams dashed

Barracuda by Christos Tsiolkas was such a sad story of how one person can put way too much all-consuming power into becoming one thing and when it fails it breaks them like nothing ever could. I was hopeful that I would enjoy the story of this young man but I just could not get over the fact that he could not move on and place all of that energy into another field because he had the stamina to stick to and devote so much of his time into be an exceptional swimmer. If this is the kind of story that attracts you then this is the book for you but I just could not recommend this novel to others. It was a story of obsession and crazy violence that was not necessary to get his point across but sometimes violence is the only step individuals have to prove their validity. I received this book from Blogging for books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment