Monday, September 8, 2014

Forgiveness

The River by Beverly Lewis is a heart-gripping page turner of a novel that once started should not be put down. Hide way in your favorite spot and devour this story like it is your last breath because this story was so good and relatable. This story may not just be about the Amish and their way of life, it is about people and the steps it takes to be a part of a family that has to grow to accept those that may not be seen as perfect or that have other plans in life. These "black sheep" individuals are not to be shamed for being different but embraced and loved for who they are in their family. I cried, I laughed, I loved, and I was angered but most of all I enjoyed this novel from first word to last sentence. Lewis is my number 1 author of Amish stories because she creates a world that I always want to be a part of or simply visit an Amish community ASAP. The people, the food, the love is depicted with such heart that I know I would totally enjoy a visit. I was given a copy from Bethany House for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment