Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Every Decision has a Cost

The Bracelet by Dorothy Love is powerful. I was expecting the "A" typical romance with a bit of drama but I was happily proven wrong. The setting of war time Savannah, Georgia and the intrigue of family decisions that cost more than just the one making the decision is extremely readable. The best part about this story is that it is based on true facts of a family during this time and setting.  I am not sure which was better the beautiful and painful glimpse of war-time Georgia or the family struggles Celia is enduring. Either one was fabulous but when combined the story was perfect in all aspects. It may be 1858 but the struggle is still relevant today and that would be one of the many reasons to grab this book and enjoy a break from the now. Unleashing the story of one of Savannah's families for all to enjoy was a real treat. I was given a review copy from Booklookbloggers and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment