Tuesday, November 25, 2014

Tension and Corruption

Empire of Sin by Gary Krist is a true crime story set in New Orleans. The time and the tension read off of the pages as if we are there and that is amazing. I know that the story is based on true fact but at times when asked what I was reading I would say,"the best crime novel that's all." Reading this book felt more like it was a fictional drama rather than a true crime story set at different times in one of the most vibrant cities in the country. Initially, I thought I was going to be reading a historical crime drama full of dry bits of facts but it was far better. This is the kind of book that hollywood could not even write and it was a fast pace read for me. I only wish for another from Krist soon.
I received this book fromBlogging for Books for this review.

No comments:

Post a Comment