Tuesday, April 21, 2015

Beauty Is As Beauty Does

Period dramas are my of-the-moment genre to enjoy with the richness of the setting and big-as-life characters. This novel is full of both and I could not wait to turn page after page. It was like enjoying a front seat to any one of the many reality shows on the television at the moment. Viper Wine by Hermione Eyre is the story/drama of Venetia Stanley and the fact that she is no longer the "it" girl but has the devotion of her husband. Unfortunately, devotion from her loved one is not the attention she is yearning for so she sets out to make herself relevant and by any means. Venetia is the kind of character that is the guilty pleasure in anyones day. I loved the way her mind worked and it suited her perfectly to be the former "it" girl now trying to regain her former glory so to speak. I always imagined the 1600s to be filled with women such as Venetia and I would have enjoyed seeing them as much as I enjoyed this novel. I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review and all opinions are my own.
http://www.penguinrandomhouse.com/authors/224376/hermione-eyre/

No comments:

Post a Comment