Sunday, June 7, 2015

Sooo Compelling, I loved Every Single Minute of the Journey

Fantasy themed novels are not my go-to stories because I just cannot seem to get connected to the settings or the over-the-top characters. However, something had me itching to grab a copy fast of this new writer and I am sooooo glad my intuition was on point with The Library at Mount Char by Scott Hawkins it is amazing. I never recommend any one of the books I read to my husband but this one, I thought, would be a big hit with him as well. So far, he loves it. Probably one of the many reasons I love reviewing books because I get first time writers and they always amaze me with their fresh takes on genres that sometimes have the same story with just a tweek on the characters. Hawkins blew my mind with the many twists and turns that did not confuse me or frustrate me they left me wanting more. I actually did not want to read the last chapter because the end was that much closer and I wanted more. Lots more. A curse and a blessing. A great writer will do that to its readers. I hope there will be many more to come from Hawkins I am hopelessly waiting. I received this book from Blogging for Books for this review and all opinions are my own.
                                                                scott-hawkins
 

No comments:

Post a Comment