Tuesday, August 11, 2015

Serial Killers are Freaky


What is it about summer that always makes me want to read a thriller story involving a serial killer and lots of tension? I almost feel as though I did not have a great summer if I do not read at least one  novel from this genre. My season inevitably feels completely waisted and I start the fall season completely unsatisfied. I was looking for one when The Bones Will Speak by Carrie Stuart Parks became available and I am so grateful. This novel had everything like the nutty serial killer, unsuspecting victims, high tense situations, and the ever necessary heroine that will take said killer down. The creepy yet cool aspect of this particular story is that the killer was capturing victims that resembled Gwen's daughter, our heroine, and tortured them. I thought this was new and refreshing and made it so easy to turn the pages to see what was going to happen next between all involved. I was smart to devour this novel early in my day because I enjoyed my two days of reading so much more than one long binge reading. I only regret that I never knew of Parks before this novel. Cannot wait for another Parks novel. I received a copy for this review from booklookbloggers and all opinions are my own.



No comments:

Post a Comment