Sunday, November 29, 2015

Donabe

I think I have decided that in order to push myself in the kitchen I have to be ambitious enough to undertake all kinds of cultural cooking. A huge venture, but I have to do this if I ever want to break this horrible rut in cooking I am enduring. I can't think of a better book to start with than Donabe by Naoko Takei Moore, Kyle Connaughton, and Eric Wolfinger. This an encyclopedia style book on the Japanese clay pot cooking and all, I mean all, the tips and techniques as well as recipes neede in order to master this cooking style. I have always enjoyed one pot cooking but this healthy recipes included make it a no brainer to try cooking in my kitchen. I just hope that the family won't mind the cooking adventures to come now and through the new year. Oh, and the pictures in this book are amazing and the stories shared make it one of the best books to read for more than just recipes. It was such an eye-opener and I cannot wait to play in the kitchen with these recipes. Great addition to any kitchen if not every kitchen. I received a copy for this review from bloggingforbooks.com and all opinions are my own.




No comments:

Post a Comment