Saturday, March 26, 2016

Forgiveness is Powerful

It is so easy in this life to avoid certain situations that we wish would never happen to us but that is just wrong. The bad moments will inevitably come around I think the true beauty is in how we react to this moments that make us who we are and how we deal with them. Forgiving My Daughter's Killer: A True Story of Loss, Faith, and Unexpected Grace by Kate Grosmaire with Nancy French is an emotional acceptance of such a horrific event that happens to Kate and her family. I have never cried so much while reading a book like I did reading this amazing families journey to forgiveness. This book is pure proof that in order for those of us left behind after such tragedies we have to forgive to be able to live. Forgiveness is probably one of the most difficult attributes for many of us to have but it is one of the most liberating to attain. Gosmaire and her family exemplify the beauty of forgiveness in the face of so much loss and pain. I did not think this book would be so revealing and inspiring but it was and I could not put this book down. Have tissues ready because you will cry, I did. I received a copy for this review from booklookbloggers.com and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment