Wednesday, August 17, 2016

Woah

That is the first thing that comes to mind after completing this novel/journey of a story. I could not have envisioned a story to be so raw and poignant at the same time but The Glorious Heresies by Lisa McInerney was just that and I loved it. I wish I could say so many things about the situations that our heroine finds herself in but that would ruin the feel and journey of the story for you. This is the kind of book that needs to be devoured in one sitting with no distractions and tons of time ahead of oneself. It was the best summer read, however, I think this would make for the best beach read as well. I will say that Maureen will set in motion the butterfly affect when she impales an intruder and trust me you will gasp reading this scene. Ugh, it starts how so good and grips you until the end. A must read. I received a copy for this review from blogging for books and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment