Wednesday, September 7, 2016

Appalachia By Way of Food

To be able to sit down with a recipe book that can transport you to far away places is rare but it does happen and it will happen with the latest recipe book to come out. Victuals: An Appalachian Journey, With Recipes by Ronni Lundy is an experience amongst pages. I was so taken by the stories, the photos, and the recipes of this gorgeous location. I have so many good things about the Appalachian country side I will visit one day but now I wont be so devastated to put off a visit because of this book. I cannot believe the majestic beauty of this part of the country. It is breathtaking in the photos but I can just imagine the gasping awe one gets when standing amongst the land depicted in this book. I think the recipes will become repeats in our house and the photos are dreamlike captures for us to day dream about for a long time to come. I received a copy for this review from blogging for books and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment