Wednesday, September 21, 2016

Beautiful

I actually do know the power of a hand written letter personally because my husband was only able to make contact through letters while serving in the gulf war. I devoured each word like it was my last meal and they made me feel connected to him when we were countries separated for years. Love, Henri: Letters on the Spiritual Life by Henri J.M. Nouwen is a fair representation of his love for spiritual guidance to all people. Nouwen was a man of the world and that is how people felt about him and would contact him when they needed his attention. He sent thousands of these letters and fortunately he chose to safe guard them and now we have a wonderful collection into the insight of Nouwen's thoughts and appreciation of his fans. Such a great read. I received a copy for this review from blogging for books and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment