Friday, November 11, 2016

Escaping the Berlin Wall

I have no shame in admitting that my knowledge of the affects of the Berlin Wall are extremely limited but I think I now have quite the grasp. The Berlin Wall was such a big part of so many lives and such a daily reminder of the segregation that was being forced on its people. The Tunnels by Greg Mitchell will forever have a spot in my mind with all of its detailed retelling of the struggles and pain begot from the Berlin Wall and all of the injustices suffered. Escaping from beneath the Berlin Wall was the only viable way for its people to continue living and thrive during the tumultuous time in their history. This was such a page turner and eye-opener that I think it should be required reading for all to grasp the gravity of the Berlin Wall and its structural hold on the locals. I received a copy for this review from blogging for books and all opinions are my own.

No comments:

Post a Comment